At the Prim Law Firm, PLLC, our experienced personal injury lawyers are dedicated to providing comprehensive support and guidance to families and victims who have suffered an injury or illness due to asbestos or toxic chemical exposure, a serious accident, a defective drug or product or nursing home abuse.
For the convenience of our clients, we have provided the following legal resources.
If you would like to discuss your case with one of our attorneys, contact our office for a free consultation.
State Bar Associations
Workplace Injury Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) provide information Workplace Safety and Health, including information on toxic Chemical Exposure to such chemicals as Asbestos, Carbon Monoxide, Lead and Silica and to Hazardous Drugs.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration provides safety and health standards and other regulations for employees, guidance for employers on how to comply with regulations, OSHA safety training information and resources for workers, including workers’ safety rights.
- West Virginia Workers’ Compensation Office of Judges conducts hearings, weighs evidence and arguments and issues written decisions in compensation appeals.
Mesothelioma & Asbestos Injury Resources
- National Cancer Institute and the U.S. National Institutes of Health provide fact sheets for mesothelioma and other cancer, as well as information on clinical trials and cancer statistics.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency provides information on asbestos and the health effects of asbestos exposure, including information on naturally occurring asbestos, asbestos in schools, asbestos in products and buildings, and asbestos in your home and how to manage it.
- Mayo Clinic explains the definition of malignant mesothelioma, symptoms of cancer, causes, and prevention, risk factors, complications, how to prepare for an appointment with your doctor, tests and diagnosis, treatments and drugs, alternative medicine and coping and support.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) provide Workplace Safety and Health Topics on Asbestos, Occupational Cancer, Mesothelioma and Asbestosis.
Defective Drugs & Products Resources
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns consumers of product recalls and provides information on Medication and drug safety, information on Medical Devices and device recalls and general Consumer Updates.
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission provides online forms to report an injury or file a complaint about an unsafe product.
Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Resources
- Centers for Disease Control offers information on violence prevention and Elder Maltreatment, including risk factors and prevention strategies.
- Medicare’s Nursing Home Compare tool allows you to find and compare nursing homes near you. Medicare also offers a Guide to Choosing a Nursing Home, as well as Alternatives to Nursing Homes, such as community-based services, home care or assisted living.